Oscar Watching: All About That Snub
Best Original Screenplay
Birdman will win something, and this might be its prize. But keep an eye out for Budapest and Boyhood.
1. Alejandro González Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr., and Armando Bo for Birdman
2. Wes Anderson and Hugo Guinness for The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Richard Linklater for Boyhood
4. E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman for Foxcatcher
5. Dan Gilroy for Nightcrawler
Best Adapted Screenplay
Like original screenplay, adapted might be a consolation prize for a film that might otherwise get the cold shoulder. On that note, Imitation has a good shot at this. Watch out for Theory and Sniper, too.