Five Facts About WHAT IF’s Zoe Kazan
Zoe Kazan has been bouncing around the indie film scene since 2007, when she appeared in The Savages, starring the late Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney. Since, she’s co-stared in a slew of films, including Revolutionary Road with Leonardo DiCaprio, Josh Radnor‘s happythankyoumoreplease and It’s Complicated, with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. She can next be seen in What If, a romantic comedy starring Harry Potter, aka Daniel Radcliffe.
1. Her grandfather is On the Waterfront director Elia Kazan, who infamously named names during Joseph McCarthy’s Communist witch hunt in 1952.
2. Her parents are both Oscar nominated screenwriters, Nicholas Kazan (Reversal of Fortune) and Robin Swicord (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button).
3. She wrote and co-starred in the 2012 film Ruby Sparks with her boyfriend, Paul Dano.
4. Co-starred with Christopher Walken, Sam Mendes and Anthony Mackie in the Broadway production of A Behanding in Spokane, written by In Bruges‘ Martin McDonaugh.
5. She began writing her first produced play, Absalom, while a Junior at Yale.