5 Facts About Guardians of the Galaxy Star Dave Bautista You May Not Know
If you went into Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend not knowing about Dave Bautista (Batista), chances are you now want to know more about him! Most people know him from wrestling, but now a lot of people know him as Drax the Destroyer in Marvel’s newest hit film Guardians of the Galaxy. He’s written a book, been in a few films, and he’s wrestled and done mixed martial arts. He’s ventured more into films and his recent role as Drax has thrusted him into the spotlight. Now let me tell you a little more about him:
1. He’s been in a few films since 2006 like Relative Strangers, My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, Wrong Side of Town, House of the Rising Sun, The Scorpion King 3: Battle For Redemption, The Man with the Iron Fists, Riddick, and Guardians of the Galaxy. You can get Batista: The Animal Unleashed here.
2. He published a book called ‘Batista Unleashed‘ in 2007 and you should buy it!
3. He began wrestling at 30 years old like a badass!
4. He won his first MMA fight on October 6th, 2012 in the first round at 4:05.
5. He’s a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Was he your favorite part of Guardians of the Galaxy? Did love him as a wrestler? Did you know he’s going to be in the reboot of 1989’s Kickboxer? Comment with your thoughts in the comments section below! Here’s to seeing him in more movies roles!