Five Facts You May Not Know About Paul Giamatti
Paul Giamatti has made a career sliding between playing supporting characters in big budget studio fare (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Saving Mr. Banks) and leading men in more independent features (American Splendor, Win Win). With Giamatti turning 47 today, let’s take a deeper look into the man who once played a character named Pig Vomit.
1. His father, Bart Giamatti, was commissioner of Major League Baseball until his untimely death from a heart attack.
2. Giamatti had one scene in Cameron Crowe‘s Singles, where all he does is make out with a girl.
3. He holds both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Fine Arts from Yale University.
4. Giamatti also had a brief cameo in Steven Spielberg‘s Saving Private Ryan, where he had “knees like an old woman.”
5. Giamatti also co-starred in Big Momma’s House, starring Martin Lawrence.
Paul Giamatti can next be seen Love and Mercy, about Beach Boys’ front man Brian Wilson, and an adaptation of Madame Bovary.