The Water Cooler: A Weekly Pop Culture Chat Oscars Edition
Do you ever get the urge to chat about pop culture news? The Water Cooler: A Weekly Pop Culture Chat is the perfect place to talk about anything and everything in pop culture that is on your mind! This week is a special version of the chat in which we will talk about the Oscars!! It’s finally that time of the year were we see who takes home the statue. This years Oscars is turning into quite a neck and neck race in the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress categories. Lupita Nyong’o and Jennifer Lawrence have been winning all award season, so it’s going to be interesting to see which one of them gets the Oscar! Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConaughey have also both won awards leading up to the Oscars, and with Chiwetel Ejiofor winning the BAFTA it’s turning into a three-way race. Cate Blanchett is most likely taking home the best actress Oscar and Jared Leto has pretty much been winning everything, but Barkhad Abdi got the BAFTA so there could be a shake up in the Best Supporting Actor category! It’s fun speculating who exactly will win and who might be a surprise winner. I feel like this years Oscars will have some surprise wins!
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio or Matthew McConaughey (could this be the year Leo finally gets one?)
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto
- Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong’o, but they might just give it to Jen Lawrence.
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron
- Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
- Best Original Screenplay: Spike Jonze (Her)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Terence Winter (The Wolf of Wall Street)
- Best Animated Feature: Frozen
There are obviously many more categories, but those are some of my picks! Now lets get to chatting and I’ll share the rest of my picks!
TWEET WITH ME! —>