BattleBlock Theater Announced for PC In the Best Way Ever
Attention, marketing representatives of the world. This is how you advertise all the video games. BattleBlock Theater, previously only available on XBLA, is coming soon to Steam. Not exactly Earth-shattering news. More like a shoulder-shrugging “duh”, but when you announce that my pants will overflow with feces at your gigapixel, RAM-overclocking, pentuple Oculus Rift supporting, particle hair systems that are also a tad naughty, you have my attention.
This is their announcement trailer. Warning: those with weak hearts, coddled childhoods, or eyeballs may die of shock and/or amazement:
But hey kids, that’s not all! They announced on their dev blog that they’re also doing a closed beta from 3/24 to 3/31. The new version of the game will have several new features, including:
– Weapon switching! Players can now switch between a primary and secondary weapon in game!
– New Cat Guard enemies throughout Story Mode.
– Steam Workshop integration for sharing user created levels.
– Steam Inventory integration for trading! This allows users to trade and sell weapons, prisoners, gems and yarn via Steam.
– X input, Direct Input, and Keyboard/Mouse support.
There’s no exact date on the PC release, but considering The Behemoth’s excellent track record of ports, look forward to an infectious and addictive online experience. There will be poop jokes and violence, so unlock your inner 13 year old when you’re done playing South Park: The Stick of Truth. If you’re itching to play BattleBlock Theater right now, you can pick it up from Xbox Live Arcade for $14.99. We’re assuming it will be similarly priced on PC.