Top 5 Journey Songs of All Time
Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey tells the story of Arnel Pineda, who improbably was picked to replace Steve Perry as the lead singer of the popular band Journey. What makes his story so amazing is the fact that he didn’t audition for the job. In fact, the band saw him singing their songs on youtube, and the rest, as they say is history. The movie was recently released on DVD and Blu Ray, and you can check out our review of the film that we posted after it was released in theaters. In honor of the movie’s release, we bring you the top five Journey songs of all-time. We hope you enjoy the list
5. “Any Way You Want It”– Perhaps the most upbeat and fast song that Journey had made, and much like the rest of their songs, it’s just a tune that gets you going. Released in 1980, “Any Way You Want It” peaked at #23 on the Billboard Top 100, the second highest showing of a Journey song to that point. This song has been used for several commercials and movie trailers, and is a song that will play on the radio for decades.
4. “Wheel In the Sky”– “Wheel in the Sky” was Journey’s first big commercial hit, landing at #57 on the Billboard Top 100, their first song to make the list. Released in 1978, Wheel in the Sky put Journey on the map, and they followed it up with two more songs from that year that made the Top 100 list. This was always one of my favorite Journey songs growing up, and I still get excited when I hear it on the radio today.
3. “Faithfully”– The first non-traditional rock n’ roll song on our list is “Faithfully”. Release in 1983, “Faithfully” reached #12 on the Billboard Hot 100, and the song is an instant classic. While the chorus is rather simple, it’s extremely catchy, and is another song that, just like many classic Journey songs, you can justify screaming at the top of your lungs with friends.
2. “Open Arms”- Pop quiz. What Journey song finished higher than any other on the Billboard charts? No, it’s not “Don’t Stop Believin” (#9). It’s Open Arms, which reached a peak of #2 on the charts. Journey’s most famous love ballad showed a softer side to the band a year after their biggest hit was released. Anytime you sing this song, you can’t help but pour your heart into it and live the song.
1. “Don’t Stop Believin'”– Was there ever a doubt as to what would be #1? “Don’t Stop Believin'” is the most popular karaoke song of all time, and is a tune that speaks to every audience: young and old, male or female. It’s simply a song that gets you pumped, and makes you believe that you can do anything. In addition, Arnel Pineda does a great job of performing it, and anyone who has seen Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey knows that Pineda’s story pretty much epitomizes the message behind the song.