Thirsty Thursdays: EUROTRIP Drinking Game & “EuroBomb” Drink
One of my most re-watched movies is a silly teen, raunchy comedy that you probably haven’t thought of in years. EuroTrip underperformed at the box office and is still vastly unappreciated, but damn do I love it and still laugh every time. With the success of movies like Road Trip they must have wondered what went wrong here. In my eyes, nothing. While those veered too far into the gross-out jokes, this one had jokes about sex, yes, but also friendship, growing up, graduating high school, and making fun of various European stereotypes.
That’s why, I requested that Drinking Cinema draw something up for the EuroTrip drinking game I play with my old college friends.
- You see nudity or dudity. [SPOILER ALERT] By “dudity,” we don’t just mean chaste butt doubles. We’re talking major Euro-wang. You’ve been warned.
- Jenny’s fallen into the “friend zone” and is no longer considered a woman. What’s poor Jenny gonna have to do to get noticed as the hot-blooded female that she is — make out with her twin brother?? Ew, spoiler alert.
- Cooper’s being a real horn-dog. You know, Coop, you’d get a lot more action if you cut that god damn 90’s hair. Plus, you should really get a new line other than “This isn’t where I parked my car.”
- Jamie consults his copy of Frommer’s. I have a feeling that things would have turned out a LOT differently for those kids in Hostel if they’d just consulted Frommer’s.
- The gang goes to a new country!
- The kids drink! Bonus points if you play with absinthe. Minus bonus points if you open a bottle with your eyes (you are not Vinnie Jones).
- There’s a blatant stereotype. For example, Londoners = hooligans, East Berlin = 7th level of hell, and small German children = budding Hitlers. (However, to our knowledge, all French people are indeed mimes.)
- Scotty mentions his German pen-pal, Mieke (or “Mike”). Sure, she’s a catch and worth traipsing around Europe for, but switching majors from pre-med to German? Scotty, don’t throw your life away!
- FINISH YOUR BEER for unexpected cameo! Double-drink if the person’s an Oscar winner.
- Take a sexy sip when Jenny gets a “sexy moment.” Turns out she IS a girl! Or at least has boobs. That much we do know.
Play with your favorite beer, or maybe take a stab at making this specialty cocktail – The EuroBomb!
For more movie and boozy thoughts, follow Kristal Bailey directly on Twitter: Follow @kristal_bailey