Blu-ray Review: THE MUPPETS
It’s time to play the music! It’s time to light the lights! It’s time to go out and buy The Muppets movie on Blu-ray!
The darling movie of last year that reawakened the kid in all of us and introduced a number of actual kids to some of America’s favorite characters is available to own this week on home video.
This is a film that truly has something for everyone. Starring Jason Segal and Amy Adams, with Chris Cooper and featuring such great cameos by Jack Black, John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, and many others. This is a blu-ray that is an absolute must own. This set not only has a digital copy, but includes a download of the soundtrack as well.
Official Synopsis: On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend, Mary (Amy Adams), from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze Muppet Studios and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets’ former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the studio, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have allgone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate.
Disney’s “The Muppets” is directed by James Bobin (“Flight of the Conchords,” “The Ali G Show”) and produced by the Academy Award®-nominated team of David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman (“The Fighter,” “The Proposal”) with a screenplay written by Segel & Nicholas Stoller (“Get Him to the Greek”), who also serve as executive producers along with John G. Scotti and “The Muppet Show” veteran Martin G. Baker. Bret McKenzie, who created, co-wrote, executive-produced and starred in the hit HBO television series “Flight of the Conchords,” is the music supervisor as well as the writer/producer of three original songs. Original score is by Christophe Beck, Michael Rooney is the choreographer, Rahel Afiley is the costume designer, and James Thomas is the editor. SteveSaklad is the production designer, and Don Burgess, A.S.C., is the director of photography.
3-Disc ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’
(1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card)
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Disney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack